Not by Fire but by Ice


Discover What Killed the Dinosaurs . . . and Why it Could Soon Kill Us


License Required for your Home

Frank M. Carrio, CMI
ESOP Committee Member

(Also see License for homes article incorrect)

page delimiter

Thinking about selling your house? Take a look at H.R. 2454 (Cap and Trade Bill, otherwise known as Control and Tax). No longer just for cars and mobile homes, a license will be required for your house. This bill has already passed one hurdle. It will take very little now to put it into actual law!!!

(Excerpts) "Beginning one year after enactment of the Cap and Trade Act, you won't be able to sell your home unless you retrofit it to comply with the energy and water efficiency standards of this "Cap & Trade" Bill ... the largest tax increase any of us has ever experienced.

 "The Congressional Budget Office (supposedly non-partisan) estimates that in just a few years the average cost to every family of four will be $6,800 per year. No one is excluded.  However, once the lower classes feel the pinch in their wallets, you can be sure that these voters will get a tax refund (even if they pay no taxes at all) to offset this new cost. Thus, you Mr. and Mrs. Middle Class have to pay even more since additional tax dollars will be needed to bail out everyone else..

"But wait. This awful Bill (that no one in Congress has actually read) has many more surprises in it. Probably the worst one is this: A year from now you won't be able to sell your house without some bureaucrat's OK. Yes, you read that right.

"The caveat (there always is a caveat) is that if you have enough money to make required major upgrades to your home, then you can sell it. But, if not, then forget it. Even pre-fabricated homes ("mobile homes") are included.

                •    In effect, this Bill prevents you from selling your home without the
             permission of the EPA Administrator.

                 •   To get this permission, you will have to have the energy efficiency of
            your home measured.

                 •   Then the Government will tell you what your new energy efficiency
            requirement is and you will be required to make modifications to
            your home under the retrofit provisions of this Act, to comply with
            the new energy and water efficiency requirements.

                 •   Then you will have to get your home measured again and get a license
            (called a "label" in the Act) that must be posted on your property to
            show what your efficiency rating is; sort of like the Energy Star efficiency
            rating label on your refrigerator or air conditioner.

                 •    If you don't get a high enough rating, you can't sell. 

                 •   And, the EPA Administrator is authorized to raise the standards every
            year, even above the automatic energy efficiency increases built into the Act.

The  EPA Administrator, appointed by the President, will run the Cap & Trade Program  and is authorized to make any future changes to the regulations and standards he/she alone determines to be in the Government's best interest.

Requirements are set low initially so the bill will pass Congress. Then the Administrator can set new standards every year.

                •    The Act itself contains annual required increases in energy efficiency
            for private and commercial residences and buildings.

                 •   However, the EPA Administrator can set higher standards at any time.

Sect. 202 - Building Retrofit Program mandates a national retrofit program to increase the energy efficiency of all existing homes across America. 

Beginning one year after enactment of the Act, you won't be able to sell your home unless you retrofit it to comply with its energy and water efficiency standards. You had better sell soon, because the standards will be raised each year and will be really hard (expen$ive) to meet in a few years.

The Act allows the Government to give you a grant of several thousand dollars to comply with the retrofit program requirements IF you meet certain energy efficiency levels. But, wait, the State can set additional requirements on who qualifies to receive the grants. You should expect requirements such as "can't have an income of more than $50K per year", "home selling price can't be more than $125K", or anything else to target the upper middle class (that includes YOU?) and prevent you from qualifying for the grants. 

Most of us won't get a dime and will have to pay the entire cost of the retrofit out of our own pockets. More transfer of wealth, more "change you can believe in."

Sect. 204 - Building Energy Performance Labeling Program establishes a labeling program that for each individual residence will identify the achieved energy efficiency performance for "at least 90 percent of the residential market within 5 years after the date of the enactment of this Act."

This means that within 5 years, 90% of all residential homes in the U.S. must be measured and labeled. The EPA administrator will get $50M each year to enforce the labeling program. The Secretary of the Department of Energy will get an additional $20M each year to help the EPA. Some of this money will, of course, be spent on coming up with tougher standards each year...

Oh, the label will be like a license for your car. You will be required to post the label in a conspicuous location in your home and will not be allowed to sell your home without having this label. And, just like your car license, you will probably be required to get a new label every so often - maybe every year.

But, the Government estimates the cost of measuring the energy efficiency of your home should only cost about $200 each time. Remember what they said about the auto smog inspections when they first started: that in California ? It would only cost $15. That was when the program started. Now the cost is about $50 for the inspection and certificate. 

Expect the same from the home labeling program.

Sect. 304 - Greater Energy Efficiency in Building Codes establishes new energy efficiency guidelines for the National Building Code and mandates at 304(d) that one year after enactment of this Act, all state and local jurisdictions must adopt the National Building Code energy efficiency provisions or must obtain a certification from the federal government that their state and/or local codes have been brought into full compliance with the National Building Code energy efficiency standards.

       This Congress and their "experts" are truly out to destroy the middle
       class of the U.S.A. If you think the housing market is depressed now,
       just wait. 

       All this to fight "global warming," a problem that does not exist.

CHECK OUT a few of the sites:

Updated comments on HR 2454 as of 9 April 2010: 2454-cap-and-trade-bill/

Cap and Trade: A License Required for your Home 
http://www.nachi. org/forum/ f14/cap-and- trade-license- required- your-home- 44750/

HR2454 American Clean Energy & Security Act:  
 http://www.govtrack .us/congress/ bill.xpd? bill=h111- 2454

Cap & Trade A license required for your home:

Cap and trade is a license to cheat and steal:
http://www.sfexamin columns/oped_ contributors/ Cap-and-trade- is-a-license- to-cheat- and-steal- 45371937. html search?hl= en&source=hp&ie=ISO-8859- 1&q=A+License+ required+ for+your+ home-+Cap+ and+Trade&btnG=Google+ Search 

See also:
Shoving Cap-and-Trade Down Our Throats
29 Mar 10 - Passage of Obamacare opens door for climate-change
legislation. What is wrong with these people? They are destroying
our country faster than any enemy could ever hope to do

See Shoving Cap-and-Trade Down Our Throats




Order Book I Q & A I Book Reviews I Plant Hardiness Zone Maps I Radio Interviews I Table of Contents I Excerpts I Author Photo I Pacemaker of the Ice Ages I Extent of Previous Glaciation I Crane Buried in Antarctic Ice Sheet I Ice Ages and Magnetic Reversals I It's Ocean Warming I E-Mail Robert at l Expanding Glaciers